Monday, October 18, 2021

20 years ago…I did a thing. After showing up earlier on a dreary Wednesday morning at the U.S. Navy recruiting office in Plano,...

20 years ago…I did a thing.

After showing up earlier on a dreary Wednesday morning at the U.S. Navy recruiting office in Plano, TX and answering the question of “How can we help you?” with “Here I am. Recruit me. Let’s go.”, I set out for Recruit Training and Submarine School.

What followed over the years is the reason why I no longer need an imagination - because my memories are beyond most peoples fantasies.

I’ve been all over the world, visiting some amazing places, some really 💩 places and some places that I’m not allowed to talk about ever even with the people who were there with me at the time.

I’ve met people who have become lifelong friends as well as those who I would only piss on if they were on fire so that they could drown at the same time too.

I’ve spent a long time suiting up for Uncle Sam, both full-time and part-time, to defend America’s dirt and, as much as I ❤️ this great nation, I’m saddened to see that the sacrifices of myself and others have been squandered by those would seem happy to give it all away.

It was a job unlike any other and I’d still do _most_ of it again.



(Feed generated with
FetchRSS)

October 18, 2021 at 05:13AM - E Pluribus OTAP




20 years ago…I did a thing. After showing up earlier on a dreary Wednesday morning at the U.S. Navy recruiting office in Plano,...

Click the headline to see the full report at E Pluribus OTAP on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment